Monday, 7 February 2011

Mudlet GUI: 07-Feb-2011

Thanks to both Vadi and Oneymus, I was able to resolve the issue with the miniavatar gauges.

I've now added the four icons below the target avatar (in the bottom left), which were previously just part of the background image, and have adjusted the labels on the spell icons.  Rather than repeating the same code over and over for drawing black outlines around the text labels on the icons and bars, I created a generic outline_text() function.

I also took the opportunity to clear the avatars, icons and energy bars from the static background image, now that they're all drawn properly.  I had forgotten the frames for the avatars, so I added those while I was at it.  Thus when you start up Mudlet you get this:

(click image to enlarge)

And when you're connected you get this:

(click image to enlarge)

I still need to add the hotkeys at the top and the sun/moon icon (and time) above the maps, as well as the mouseover and clickable stuff, but it's nearly there.


  1. Might want to update Mudlet to the newer 2.0-rc1 snapshots, -pre5 had a broken appendBuffer() function (you don't seem to use miniconsoles yet, but in case you will...)