Monday 1 November 2010

MUSHclient GUI: 17-Jul-2010

I'm playing around with enemy information right now.  I noticed it's much easier to keep an eye on your opponent's health if the information is displayed in the bottom left.  The downside is that that separates it from other target information such as distance and direction (currently in the bottom right), and that's not so easily packed into such a small space.

I had considered using the right side to display a list of avatars for all creatures within your line of sight, each with its own little health bar, in which case your target's avatar could simply be enlarged.  But your current target is far more important, so I don't think it's a problem separating it from the others.

Another option would be to put it under the player's avatar (top left), but that would interfere with the spell icons, unless there was always an avatar (i.e., a blank one if you're not fighting anyone).

One player also suggested putting the avatar above the text window, but I think that would look a bit odd, and there's not much space (unless the avatar were made smaller).  The original plan was to use that space for tabs, but I think that'll be a long-term project...however I may put some general purpose buttons there instead.

(click image to enlarge)

No comments:

Post a Comment